The Field Marketing Representative will focus on increasing consumer awareness, amplifying brand visibility, and driving loyalty amongst budtenders and target consumers. You will build momentum for our brands in Ontario, establishing us as category captains and thought leaders delivering unparalleled value.
Nextleaf Solutions Ltd. is an innovative cannabis processor with a portfolio of emerging consumer brands, market validated derivative products, and proprietary bulk ingredients. Our multi-patented, highly automated technology for extraction and distillation sets the global standard for processing cannabis at-scale.
Our house brands include award-winning legacy-era brand Glacial Gold, and newly launched High Plains, offering unparalleled value across multiple formats including vapes, oils, softgels and infused prerolls. With coast-to-coast distribution, our brands can currently be found in 6 Province’s, sold through both medical and recreational channels.
We are at a pivotal point in our growth trajectory. As a result, we are expanding our commercial team in Ontario.
Purpose of the Role:
- Reporting to the Senior Trade Marketing Manager, you will work closely with an Ontario based Strategic Account Manager to drive sales success in the region. You will also collaborate with our Sales/Marketing Coordinator and VP of Commercialization based in BC, as you help pioneer and implement our strategy in Ontario.
- Identify, plan, execute and analyze experiential marketing initiatives across Ontario (focusing on the GTA), including trade shows, budtender and industry events, in-store activations, sampling, pop-ups, and networking opportunities.
- Trade marketing support for key retailers within core regions of Ontario including establishing and maintaining merchandising displays, customizing digital signage, and product launch/campaign specific support.
- Focus on building strong relationships in-store through customer delight, establishing Nextleaf and our brands as a top-of-mind partner with budtenders and consumers within our target demographic.
- Host engaging product sampling experiences in-store and at events. Facilitate memorable product knowledge sessions to firmly establish our points of difference.
- Create and contribute to content for social media, brand websites, and marketing collateral as part of a dynamic and collaborative marketing team. May include photography, video, or copywriting based on your skill set.
- Establish and track metrics, and adapt your strategy based on regional dynamics.
- Seek new partnerships, collaborations, influencers, and ‘momentum builders’ for the region that increase brand exposure, visibility, and recognition.
- Ongoing education, and engagement within the industry, staying up to date on all regional initiatives, regulations, and trends.
Who You Are:
- Experienced: 5+ years’ experience in marketing, customer service or sales roles. Cannabis, food/beverage, or CPG experience is a strong asset.
- Entrepreneurial Mindset: Being part of a fast-growth company, and in a new, remotely based role you will need to be agile, operate with limited supervision and will require you to be highly motivated to shape the success of your region.
- Eager to Make an Impact: You are drawn to the cannabis industry because of the opportunity to be part of building a new legal industry, and you take pride in building a business made to last.
- Results Oriented: Proven track record in achieving or exceeding goals.
- Creative: You work with the resources you have to create an impact no matter the scale or budget.
- Responsive: You prioritize quick communications with stakeholders and take pride in being accessible.
- Champion for In-Store Success: you delight in finding creative ways to make an impact including merchandising displays, product placement, budtender education, signage, or sampling.
- Emotional Intelligence: There will be industry events, road days, meetings and informal gatherings that will catapult your success in the region. You are a people person, communicate with tact, and eager to make connections.
- Valid Driver’s License and access to vehicle for territory coverage
- Embrace a varied schedule: You will have road days in market weekly alongside some admin/home office time. Monthly travel within Ontario, and semi-annually to additional markets in Canada for training and education.
Nextleaf thanks all candidates for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Nextleaf is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Nextleaf is committed to the principle of equal employment for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Nextleaf are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Nextleaf will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.